Can train skip station ?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Can train skip station ?

Post by waduk »

Sorry if posted on wrong subforum (this subforum is mostly for vanilla gameplay?)

Like the title say, is it possible to make the train skip station ? Either using vanilla or modded.

Using smart trains mod, maybe it was possible to set condition on depart. If the next station is occupied, the train will not depart.
But i'm looking for a way to set trains to skip station, recalculating path, not waiting at the current station for the condition to be true. There will be too much waiting time.
When they arrive at chain signal intersection, they should be able to go to next station, instead of waiting at the junction.

I tried the rail logic mod that able to cut off track with circuit, but the train was just dead stop in the middle of track since there are no path to the target station, although there are clear way to the next schedule station.

Rage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Can train skip station ?

Post by Rage »

Are you trying to get a setup for a station area to have multiple lanes? If so, name the station markers the same thing. If one is occupied, the train will move on to the next lane. Use a chain signal at the junction before the lanes so that they'll wait for the first open one.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can train skip station ?

Post by waduk »

Turns out Rail logic mod can do that, by using Go To Train Controller.

I placed that before signal, it works wonderful, it can skip to the next station on the fly
No more waiting time !

Return to “Gameplay Help”