How to place stone/concrete paths?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ctoptrophobe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How to place stone/concrete paths?

Post by ctoptrophobe »

Hey, sorry if this is a newb question but, how the heck do I place stone paths? I've seen them in screens and videos but no idea how they do it. I looked on the wiki and the patch notes when paths released but it doesn't say how to make paths, only that you can.

Thanks for reading!
~Ctop

***EDIT***
Nevermind, I found the problem. I thought I was on the correct version, but it didnt update correctly. All fixed now!
Last edited by ctoptrophobe on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How to place stone/concrete paths?

Post by LordFedora »

When you have stone bricks or the new concrete item, you can place them, you can also only pick them up if you are holding one of them

Gus_Smedstad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gus_Smedstad »

It's much like putting down any other placeable item. Pick the stone bricks or the concrete up from your inventory, and right-click. Or shift-left-click if you want constructor bots to put it down.

Default is a 2x2 square, but you can increase the size of the placement area with the +/- keys, down to 1x1 or up to... well, I don't know what the upper limit is, I've usually stopped at 5x5.

You can't place either one within a tile or two of water, but otherwise you can put them pretty much anywhere, under already placed items.

ctoptrophobe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ctoptrophobe »

Gus_Smedstad wrote:It's much like putting down any other placeable item. Pick the stone bricks or the concrete up from your inventory, and right-click. Or shift-left-click if you want constructor bots to put it down.

Default is a 2x2 square, but you can increase the size of the placement area with the +/- keys, down to 1x1 or up to... well, I don't know what the upper limit is, I've usually stopped at 5x5.

You can't place either one within a tile or two of water, but otherwise you can put them pretty much anywhere, under already placed items.
I put the stone bricks in my hand and tried right click+placing but it wont even show the green square on the ground. I have the current version as well. Thanks for the help though!

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

ctoptrophobe wrote:I put the stone bricks in my hand and tried right click+placing but it wont even show the green square on the ground. I have the current version as well. Thanks for the help though!
Did you click close enough to your character?

Placing down Brick works fine for me. I can also contribute to this thread that the maximum Brick/Concrete placement size is 10x10, but you won't actually be able to place on 100 tiles, because you can't reach that far. So you can't manually place a square of more than perhaps 8x8. If you try to place more, you'll get a rounded shape, i.e. with the corners missing. Unless you use "ghosting"/"blueprinting", of course.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

Place is left click, right click is pick up

Return to “Gameplay Help”