Unsure about how Personal Roboport works

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Unsure about how Personal Roboport works

Post by Peter34 »

I'm a but confused by the Personal Roboport.

What exactly is it it does? What determines whether work is performed by my robots from my Roboport, or by robots from the Roboport network of my factory?

Should I keep a few Logistics Drones and a few Construction Drones in my inventory... It's... It's just not transparent to me, exactly what logic the game employs wen it comes to personal Roboports.

In particular, I'd like to be able to carry with me the various objects required to plonk down a Blueprinted Roboport "set", including the Roboport itself, a Large Electric Pole, and usually a Storage Chest, a Medium Pole and a Lamp, and then whenever I use the Blueprint the items should be taken from my inventory (which gets replenished from the larger Logistics network via my Logistics Requester slots).

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Unsure about how Personal Roboport works

Post by LordFedora »

The bots on your person will attempt to fulfill their obligations with items from your inventory, then failing that, from any logistics storage you connect to, and failing that, they will do a standard construction reaction and give up.

If they give up, and it's in the zone of a different zone, that zone will then attempt to fulfill the request.

AFAIK, there is no reason to have logistics bots on your person, the personal roboport is mostly just for construction bots

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

But does it matter how many Construction Bots I have in my inventory? I sometimes seem to have some even though I often actively put them into my trash/removal slots. It's confusing...

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

Peter34 wrote:But does it matter how many Construction Bots I have in my inventory? I sometimes seem to have some even though I often actively put them into my trash/removal slots. It's confusing...
Iirc you can use 10 bots per personal roboport on you. So if you only have one, then only 10 bots do the work (2 -> 20, etc).

You may wish to have some extra bot in your inventory if you do a turret creep attack on the aliens, because you will loose some in the course.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I recommend reading the FFF, that explains it in detail.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

ssilk wrote:I recommend reading the FFF, that explains it in detail.
I went looking, and it's specifically the #92 FFF.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Yeah there is not really any reason to have logic bots on your person for personal roboport use. The construction bots will try to fill a job within your personal roboport range if you have the materials on you. If you are close to a storage chest I think they will grab from that if you lack the items in your inventory. But obviously if there is no storage chest within your personal roboport range, then they can only use what you have on you. :)
Image Image Image

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Xterminator wrote:Yeah there is not really any reason to have logic bots on your person for personal roboport use. The construction bots will try to fill a job within your personal roboport range if you have the materials on you. If you are close to a storage chest I think they will grab from that if you lack the items in your inventory. But obviously if there is no storage chest within your personal roboport range, then they can only use what you have on you. :)
They wont take from a logistics storage chest. They will only ever take items from your inventory.

Return to “Gameplay Help”