(0.12.4) Did something change re Deconstruction Planner?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
BrickVoidFCT
Inserter
Inserter

(0.12.4) Did something change re Deconstruction Planner?

Post by BrickVoidFCT »

I viewed a Factorio video where someone used a Deconstruction Planner to deconstruct rocks with the Construction Robots. As of trying this in 0.12.4 I am unable to get a Deconstruction Planner to mark any rock for deconstruction. Is this a known issue or should I turn this into a bug report and report it?

It's pretty annoying to me to be able to clear a swathe of trees away yet be unable to be rid of a rock except by shooting it. The rocks I'm talking about have 200 health, I don't care about the ones that appear as terrain features or as stone ore veins and can be built over, they're not a problem. I don't particularly care if the robots can't pick up the rocks, if they were able to smash them to oblivion before I want that ability reprogrammed to them, because without automated destruction of things in my way stomping aliens into oblivion becomes tedious if I have to stop and shoot some rocks in my way rather than have my robots do it for me.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: (0.12.4) Did something change re Deconstruction Planner?

Post by FishSandwich »

They could have used a mod to do it. I don't know which mod is capable of this, though.

GopherAtl
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GopherAtl »

there's a mineable rocks mod somewhere, that might make them deconstructable as well?
My Mods:
Nixie Tubes - numeric displays for your circuit networks!
Logistic Combinators - use logistics values in circuit logic! -
Autowire - automate red/green wire connections

Linosaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Linosaurus »

Yeah I was never able to deconstruct rocks (only played 0.11.*), so probably a mod.

Return to “Gameplay Help”