Extremely Low FPS After Update to 0.71

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Shirow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Extremely Low FPS After Update to 0.71

Post by Shirow »

Hello Factorio Forum's!

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Absolutely have adored the game thus far, but have recently run into some pretty big issue once I updated from 0.64 to 0.71
Where the game previous run at 40-60FPS on average, it's dropped to 27 on load, and 15-20 after about five minutes of doing anything.
It's incredibly bothersome trying to play at these rates.
I've tried closing everything else I've had in the background, shutting off Realtime monitoring from my antivirus, and could confirm via resource monitor that nothing else is really grabbing resources.
I have multisampling turned off, have tried 2 and 4 for max threads, as well as turning off smoke.

I have an i5 3570k Overclocked to 3.8GHz, 16GB of DDR3 Ram, and a Radeon 6950.

Hunted across the FAQ's, the forums, and google, and can't seem to find anyone else complaining about speed, so I figured it was likely just my save.
New factories also seem to run stable at 60FPS, though I've not wanted to restart my build.

I would ideally like to not have to start a new factory from scratch, and I'm scared that even if I did, performance issues would resurface when I get back to where I am now.
Could anyone offer me any advice into what's going on?
Thank you. =)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Extremely Low FPS After Update to 0.71

Post by kovarex »

Hello, the fact that the performance lost is bound to the save is good news (Better than some hardware video card problems).
If you provide us the save, we can profile it and find out what is slowing the game down and fix it, this helped us to solve performance problems in the past many times already.

Shirow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shirow »

Excellent.

Thank you for your quick response. =)

Attached is the save. Please excuse my messy factory.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/171 ... _OhLag.zip

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

The problem is a bug in the evolution factor calculation which made it more than one. That lead to an integer overflow and all sorts of funny behavior (like for instance enemies try to send a group of 20 units for expansion every tick, etc.). We will fix this in the next release.

For now, you can fix your save by entering following two commands into the console:

Code: Select all

game.evolutionfactor = 0.5

Code: Select all

game.killallenemies()

Shirow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shirow »

I can confirm that worked miracles.
I've been playing the game for...probably 7 hours now. I should sleep....
Thank you so much.

Return to “Gameplay Help”