Train Line Problem (Solved)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
GeccoSan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Train Line Problem (Solved)

Post by GeccoSan »

I have a single bi directional train line from one station to another, with one train that goes from one station to another and then back (or it should).
It is however saying that there is no path, even though I have manually driven the train from one end to the other.
Even though there are no signals on the track anywhere.
Please help!
Attachments
Train5.png
Train5.png (2.06 MiB) Viewed 4894 times
Train4.png
Train4.png (1.93 MiB) Viewed 4894 times
Train3.png
Train3.png (1.93 MiB) Viewed 4894 times
Train2.png
Train2.png (1.99 MiB) Viewed 4894 times
Train1.png
Train1.png (1.71 MiB) Viewed 4894 times
Last edited by GeccoSan on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Train Line Problem

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

the train stations them self are your problem. While placing it, next to the tracks it should have arrows. The arrows point in the direction the train needs to move.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by johanwanderer »

As I understand it, without signals, your whole track is considered a block, which is currently occupied by the trains. There is no way for either train to move into that block because it is in use.

I would try to place signal on both sides of the track to see if that helps.

it is also possible that you need to extend the tracks a bit past the stations to give the train room to move to it and stop.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

johanwanderer wrote:As I understand it, without signals, your whole track is considered a block, which is currently occupied by the trains. There is no way for either train to move into that block because it is in use.

I would try to place signal on both sides of the track to see if that helps.

it is also possible that you need to extend the tracks a bit past the stations to give the train room to move to it and stop.
No, because if there are no signals the trains are free to move, so it doesn't matter.
The problem is exactly what OBAMA MCLAMA said - the stops are on the wrong side - they must be on the right side in the direction the train is coming from. Note the arrows when you place a stop.

GeccoSan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GeccoSan »

OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:the train stations them self are your problem. While placing it, next to the tracks it should have arrows. The arrows point in the direction the train needs to move.
Thank you!
I've only ever built 3 trains, and wit the other two I must've got lucky. I didn't realise stations were directional.

Return to “Gameplay Help”