Scumbag trains taking shortcuts.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Scumbag trains taking shortcuts.

Post by oLaudix »

How do i prevent Ore Train from going throught plate waiting area?
http://i.imgur.com/EnfdTks.jpg

MadZuri
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Scumbag trains taking shortcuts.

Post by MadZuri »

http://i.imgur.com/MSHY3N2.jpg?2 You get rid of the possibility for a train to bypass the stations. Circled in green is the unnecessary segments of rail. Also, you are forcing the trains to always exit to the north. The output for the ore dropoff should allow for a south exit. Once you get rid of the east bypass I circled, you should be able to put an exit to the main line heading south there.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Hmm. This might work for now, but when ill have 3 stations ill be cutting the middle one off.I think ill just have to live with it.

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

Add a train stop with 0 wait time and put this stop on the trains schedule.

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by johanwanderer »

oLaudix wrote:How do i prevent Ore Train from going throught plate waiting area?
http://i.imgur.com/EnfdTks.jpg
I realize that this is more of a play style thing, but it also answer your question. I usually plan to have the stations / waiting area off of the main lines, so that the quickest path for a train is never to go through a station.

For example, I mocked up a set of stations:
20150709-02-train-station.png
You can expand the stations as needed, assuming you have room vertically. If desired, you can also precede the stations with a waiting area. If not, just add stations instead. (Name all the stations the same, i.e. "copper drop off" and the trains will pick an unoccupied one)

Please note that because I just mocked it up, the signals may not be where they needed to be.

MadZuri
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadZuri »

It seems harder than I thought to break people of loops systems. Loops systems, lane rebalancers, and buffer systems... You seem to be stuck in the loop-based rail system mindset. The entry and exit points should be adjacent to each other on the main line... something like:
mainiron
I very intentionally did NOT link up those 2 feeder lines. That would create a loop or bypass through the unloading station, and cause problems. Also, you will want to keep the main line T-junctions at least 1 train length apart to prevent jams.

Return to “Gameplay Help”