A little help regarding Small pumps

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Xplodonator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A little help regarding Small pumps

Post by Xplodonator »

Hello fellow Factorioans.

I am in need of a little help.

I have a setup of 3x standrad 14/10 boiler/steam engines. To support these three lines I have set up 6 small pumps to ensure pressurization.
These 6 pumps all run along the "main line". Meaning, right after the Offshore pumps (two of 'em). The power network is not connected to the factory, for the sake of testing, so there is a lot of abundant energy. The problem is:

Right between two of my pumps the the water supply goes down from a straight 9.8 to 0.7. Nothing in between, energy is outright abundant,,,
So, what could be the problem?

Greets and keep it big

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: A little help regarding Small pumps

Post by keyboardhack »

One of them is turned the wrong way?
Post a screenshot so we can see it.
Waste of bytes : P

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

You can't run 6 small pumps on a single pipe. Even 5 small pumps only works for very short distances.

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=6066

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Do pumps work in a line? I'm pretty sure you have to set them up side by side to get the effect.

Anyway you don't need to boost the pressure on an offshore pump. It'll already get water to the end of 14/10 blaze-it furnace. You need pumps for going beyond that.

Off shore pumps provide 60 pressure and electric pumps provide 30. The maximum a pipe can move is 120, and that quickly gets weaker with distance.

Electric pumps also operate as one way valves. Use them when you want to transfer storage tanks or keep the lines clear.

Xplodonator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xplodonator »

Those pumps were built and placed 'cause the engines did NOT get 10 water. In fact a lot less. More like... 0.5. Placing those pumps did not make it any better. And yes, sadly they all face the same way :/ triple checked that. I'll post screens tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep now.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

If the water is totally cold, steam engines will suck it dry without any care in the world.
Aha. I didn't read.
I have a setup of 3x standrad 14/10 boiler/steam engines.
Offshore pumps (two of 'em)
There's your problem! It's 14/10/1. Each setup consumes an ENTIRE offshore pump. Add one more pump and remove those electric pumps. Electric pumps will NOT pump more water for you. You only need them for XBOX HEUG water capacitors and long distance piping.

Xplodonator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xplodonator »

You sir, are a godsent! I totally forgot about the 14/10/!!1!!

I just did as mentioned, and it works like a dream again. Somehow misunderstood the concept of the small pumps.

Thanks again!!!

Udav
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Udav »

1 offshore pump, 14 boilers, 10 steam engines and 3-4 pipe or underground pipes works fine. No needed small pumps!

Return to “Gameplay Help”