Construction Bot and Chests

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Construction Bot and Chests

Post by kiba »

It seems that construction bots do not source materials from requester chest.

However, I want to assure that an area will have X, Y, and Z items and to ensure reserve spaces for those items in case of items overflow. Is there an easy way to do this?

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Construction Bot and Chests

Post by ratchetfreak »

separate network and use smart inserters to pull in from a non logistic source (belt or train) until the supply is met

it also helps with bot travel time in general as they wont dissappear

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

ratchetfreak wrote:separate network and use smart inserters to pull in from a non logistic source (belt or train) until the supply is met

it also helps with bot travel time in general as they wont dissappear
What I have in mind is a mini-fort for each big electric poles between distant bases. Using your idea would effectively extend my base out into the forts and requires more stuff to defend, which requires more turrets and walls to defend the logistics line...

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Changed my mind. It would totally work, but I need to leave the first few powerlines out from my base, exposed?

Lishget
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lishget »

This should be no problem. I have never seen, that biters attack energy poles.
Factorio Sprachverbesserung
Lishgets TMod

My Mods are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Lishget wrote:This should be no problem. I have never seen, that biters attack energy poles.
Eh, future enemies will.

An attack on the electric poles and other logistical infrastructure is much worse than attacking laser turrets and walls.

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

Where do you have that informatin from?
I haven't read anything about an new enemie that will kill my Electrical Network (which was my greatest fear as i startet the game, and let me hide behind ridicolous Gun Turretwalls).

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

currently they only attack pollution generators, military things (turrets and radar) and things they can't path around. Unless they get aggravated but that requires one of the aforementioned triggers.

power poles don't count among any of those.

worst comes to worst you add a little solar field in your outposts should the line get cut

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Takezu wrote:Where do you have that informatin from?
I haven't read anything about an new enemie that will kill my Electrical Network (which was my greatest fear as i startet the game, and let me hide behind ridicolous Gun Turretwalls).
I just assume that there will be smarter enemies to contend with.

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

Well as it stands now your fighting natives with no clue of technologie.
So an electric pole might mean more from your point of view and wartactics then from theirs.
Think of it, someone with no clue of electricity wouldn't now what that strange thing is nor what it does.
And of today anything that doesn'T produce anykind of harm like pollution or direct harm like weaponary won't be attacked
until its blocking the path to the harmful things. Which makes sense, if you don't know what it is and it means no harm, why borther.
Only Ecxeption is the radar but maybe the natives are sensitive to radarwaves, which then could be considert harmful (which is my explanation for that fact).
Anyways attacking powepoles might come or not, if the generalenemie doesn't change i'd suprised if it comes.

Return to “Gameplay Help”