Scenarios

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
inventor1214
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Scenarios

Post by inventor1214 »

I was playing a world that I had previously made in a scenario, but I forgot to put enemy bases in the world. I don't want to start all over after editing the world, but I don't want to have to recreate my whole automation system. I was wondering if anyone knew how to transfer a regular world into a scenario, with all the stuff you built still there, and then transfer it back. (maybe with the world number or something.) Thanks!!

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Scenarios

Post by jockeril »

inventor1214 wrote:I was playing a world that I had previously made in a scenario, but I forgot to put enemy bases in the world. I don't want to start all over after editing the world, but I don't want to have to recreate my whole automation system. I was wondering if anyone knew how to transfer a regular world into a scenario, with all the stuff you built still there, and then transfer it back. (maybe with the world number or something.) Thanks!!
Hi,

Afaik - there is no way to "transfer a regular world into a scenario" as you say. :shock:

I think the only way you can do what you want in this situation your presenting is to use the map editor to load the scenario again, add your factory But then - save it in a different name and play that - it's as if you edited in your gameplay map to your scenario.

Not the best most comfortable way to go, but I think it's the only solution you will get to this situation.

Hope that helps,

jocker :twisted:
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Hi, you can convert a save to a scenario by following the steps in this post: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 916#p20919

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

FishSandwich wrote:Hi, you can convert a save to a scenario by following the steps in this post: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 916#p20919
Right :!: I forgot about that... oops
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Return to “Gameplay Help”