How to avoid two trains to colide

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ryanguilherme
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How to avoid two trains to colide

Post by ryanguilherme »

Hi everyone, how can i avoid the two trains that come from these two rails from coliding? I cant understand well how to use rail signals with semaphores because it draw the colored lines in the entire rails around the map, and i couldnt vinculate this signal below my character to a rail signal on the other rail curve :?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-15 221827.png
Screenshot 2024-03-15 221827.png (1.85 MiB) Viewed 323 times

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: How to avoid two trains to colide

Post by Trific »

Signals divide rail into blocks. If you hold a signal in your characters hand, it will show with the continuous colored lines where the blocks are. A train in automatic mode will never enter a block occupied by another train. The signal you have placed has divided the track that I can see into two blocks (assuming the two tracks don't join up beyond the top of the image). If you place one train into each block, they won't collide with each other. However, the track may not perform well, because the train in the block on the left won't be able to enter the block containing the train on the right.

I'd suggest that you keep placing signals just to see how they divide the rail up into blocks. You can always pick them back up again if you want to move them.

Eventually you will want to use some chain signals. Using a chain signal before an intersection (and in the intersection if necessary) will prevent the train from stopping in the intersection. A chain signal makes the train have to go all the way until the next rail signal before passing the chain signal. This is how it keeps trains from stopping in intersection if the intersection is guarded by a chain signal.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

ryanguilherme wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:21 am
it draw the colored lines in the entire rails around the map
If all the lines are the same colour that means you only have a single rail block. The solution is to add more signals.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

The simplest way for a Y switch before the switch a chain signal and after a switch traffic light - (the signals must be in both sides if rails should be travel in both sides).

Ther are super good tutorials at YT.

Return to “Gameplay Help”