"Cannot connect systems with different fluids" when trying to manually place pipe. Bot can place pipe fine.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
FenixLilly
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

"Cannot connect systems with different fluids" when trying to manually place pipe. Bot can place pipe fine.

Post by FenixLilly »

When trying to place a pipe manually, it fails with "Cannot connect systems with different fluids". There is no issue with placing with a bot, however. There are no different fluids so it should work. Flamethrower system had only crude oil in it. This has happened before but I couldn't replicate it until now. Save file ready to show the issue and screenshot attached.
Attachments
Can't connect systems with different fluids.png
Can't connect systems with different fluids.png (513.79 KiB) Viewed 512 times
a225.zip
(18.63 MiB) Downloaded 28 times

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: "Cannot connect systems with different fluids" when trying to manually place pipe. Bot can place pipe fine.

Post by Silari »

You've got heavy oil pipes from refineries feeding into your crude oil system. Probably from before you switched fluids.

They're off due to no heavy oil for the cracking but their fluid boxes are still connected.

Might be some others but those I found.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (3.93 MiB) Viewed 451 times

FenixLilly
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: "Cannot connect systems with different fluids" when trying to manually place pipe. Bot can place pipe fine.

Post by FenixLilly »

Thank you, I will look into that. Is it not still strange that it lets a bot place it but not the engineer, manually?

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

FenixLilly wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:22 am
Thank you, I will look into that. Is it not still strange that it lets a bot place it but not the engineer, manually?
The bot is more or less an override mechanic for complex setups, where such mixing is deliberate.
In the old days vacating the pipes was really tiresome, and the mix check got introduced, which prevented a lot of unwanted situations.
At the same time, it would not always do what the user intends to do, so the override via the ghost exists.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Return to “Gameplay Help”