Power poles not connecting between blueprints

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
wcroughan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Power poles not connecting between blueprints

Post by wcroughan »

I have a blueprint that is 102x102 with power poles at the corners, and it snaps to the 100x100 grid so that the large power poles overlap when I place the blueprint down multiple times.

When placing the blueprint, the poles which overlap sometimes fail to connect to the poles in the new blueprint, even though they are close enough (25 spaces). This happens sporadically and I haven't figured out a pattern yet. Cutting and pasting the pole so that a bot replaces it or manually replacing it sometimes fixes it and sometimes doesn't. Happy to provide other information or a save file if that's helpful.

nethus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Power poles not connecting between blueprints

Post by nethus »

I think there's a maximum of 5 connections per power pole. If the power poles on the corners of your blueprint have a diagonal connection inwards your blueprint, besides horizontal and vertical connections, you'll exceed that limit.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

I can confirm the limit of 5 connection per power pole, often has been problematic with grid of substation for me, such restriction was announced to be lifted with the 2.0 version.
Finding a pattern of which connection is severed would be difficult in such case.

one can share the blueprint on the forum too in between tags [ b p ]youblueprintstringhere [ / b p ] but without those spacings inside the tags

wcroughan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wcroughan »

Ah I was completely unaware of that limit, thank you! That's exactly what is happening.

wcroughan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wcroughan »

So this is not a bug, please let me know if I need to adjust anything to indicate that.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

you need to adjust the power pole in that blueprint :), you don't need to worry about adjusting anything on the forum

Return to “Gameplay Help”