problem with logistic system chest priority

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

problem with logistic system chest priority

Post by dog80 »

bot building priority take from chest:
green > red

this means that when you have your main mall going into red chests, then build a green chest far away because you want to speed up building there, you end up with building in the main base, the bots wont take of the red chest nearby, they will go all the way to the green chest and pick the required materials there...

so it should be green = red for bots to get their items...

what am i missing?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: problem with logistic system chest priority

Post by FuryoftheStars »

For logistic bots, buffer chests have highest priority as a source (aside from player trash). (EDIT: higher priority over passive (red) providers.)

For construction bots, it's closest to the build ghost, regardless of type.

It's hard to tell from your post, but are you seeing a behavior different from that?

Source: https://wiki.factorio.com/Logistic_netw ... _of_robots
Last edited by FuryoftheStars on Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

ah ok so maybe the buffer chest was the only available chest containing the items... that could explain it

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Yeah, I don't know what you had going on.

And by the way, I made a mistake in what I said about logistic bots... buffer chests are higher priority than red passive, but not highest. But again, that only applies to logi bots. Con bots still don't care (distance to build target only).
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Gameplay Help”