Factorio on Switch, keyboard and mouse question

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
LottieVixen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Factorio on Switch, keyboard and mouse question

Post by LottieVixen »

I've noticed the demo on switch has keyboard and mouse bindings by default in the menu and also the demo is a bit behind the purchased version (at least by the wiki's version history)

I have realised I cant rebind anything, nor is keyboard input recognised in the demo version and was wondering if anyone could verify if this works correctly in the current Switch version?

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Factorio on Switch, keyboard and mouse question

Post by Twinsen »

I tried it and keyboard and mouse works well in the demo. The demo version is a bit behind but that should not be a problem, you are only missing some minor things.

If USB devices are not recognized you might need to do the following on the console:
In the HOME Menu of your Nintendo Switch select "System Settings" > "Controllers and Sensors". Select "Pro Controller Wired Communication" to enable this feature.

In game you also need to go to Settings->Controls and change the input method to "keyboard and mouse".

LottieVixen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Factorio on Switch, keyboard and mouse question

Post by LottieVixen »

oh thank you on the "if usb devices aren't recognised" part also knowing there is support in the demo tells me its a config/hardware issue, the game recognised mouse input as controller buttons so I think your suggestion might be what I need thanks.. will test and respond with results.

Return to “Gameplay Help”