Logistic Drones

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
vv2908
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Logistic Drones

Post by vv2908 »

Hello,
i need some help with my drones. I need them for a crafting step and i need them to be an item and not a "working" drone. But i don´t want to collect all 180k of them by hand. :| Is there a way that they will go in a passiv box so i can use them in a crafting step?

I hope that some one can help me. :)

(this is my first post)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Logistic Drones

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to gameplay help.

You can extract bots from a roboport and place them in a chest (example a provider chest) with an inserter. Then, they are part of the items stored in your logistic network, and you can request them like any item.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

vv2908
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vv2908 »

Is there a way i don´t have to use a roboport? Becouse the Problem is i have so many of them (like 8000) roboports and the drones never go to the sameone.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

vv2908 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:19 pm
Is there a way i don´t have to use a roboport? Becouse the Problem is i have so many of them (like 8000) roboports and the drones never go to the sameone.
As Koub said, as of now, no. But when 2.0 finally releases, there will be a feature introduced that will allow you to "request" x number of y bot to a roboport, and thus by using the inserter method, you can eventually get them all.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

Logistics bots you say?

Won’t be the fastest method, but put a port down, and put a Requestor chest and an active provider chest nearby, with a stack inserter moving items from the requestor to the active provider. Put a stack filter inserter taking logistics bots from that port and put them into a steel chest or something. Put a stack of something into the active provider, ideally something you don’t really have a lot of (ideally, none at all) in the logistics network, and request that stack in the requestor chest.

This will (over some time) call all the logistic bots over to move some of the item, they will go to charge in the port, and get pulled out by the stack filter inserter. Note that if you have automatic insertion of the bot into the network elsewhere you won’t be able to get them all as the bots removed will get replaced. This is good if you are upgrading the bots (with modded bots) but not so good if you are trying to remove all the logibots from that network.

Return to “Gameplay Help”