Intermediate recipes order and "total raw" resources in the tooltip

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
saaadel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Intermediate recipes order and "total raw" resources in the tooltip

Post by saaadel »

I want to understand two things:
1) When ordering a complex recipe for hand assembly, and if there are several alternative recipes for intermediate ingredients, which recipe is chosen for the intermediate ingredients? What is the logic behind choosing a recipe here?

Example:
- I build a some custom big chest. It can be created from the iron chest or the wood chest (two different recipes). — it's a new modded chest.
- So, if I click "create 1 big chest" in manual crafting - which recipe will be selected (if I have both resources: wood and iron plates)?

2) Likewise, if I have multiple recipes to create intermediate ingredients, how are the resources selected for the "Total Raw" tooltip category?

I mean, some mods add special resources, and now I don't see iron/copper ore in that category, but other (new) resources from mods.
What I want to understand about this issue is: can I have any influence on it - patch an item name, an order or whatever in the mod?
I want to have new resources from the mod, but I want to see the original iron/copper ore in the "Total Raw" tooltip category

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Intermediate recipes order and "total raw" resources in the tooltip

Post by Loewchen »

For total raw it chooses the longest path backwards that the specific crafting machine is able to go. For handcrafting its more complicated as mods can flag recipes to avoid for intermediate handcrafting.

saaadel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by saaadel »

this does not help: I want keep both recipes for hand crafting :(
I plan to continue my experiments...

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

- I build a some custom big chest. It can be created from the iron chest or the wood chest (two different recipes). — it's a new modded chest.
- So, if I click "create 1 big chest" in manual crafting - which recipe will be selected (if I have both resources: wood and iron plates)?
2 different recipes, so there’ll be 2 different recipes in manual crafting too. Whichever one you click on will be the one used.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

saaadel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by saaadel »

Xorimuth wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:18 pm
2 different recipes, so there’ll be 2 different recipes in manual crafting too. Whichever one you click on will be the one used.
No, it's a question about multiple recipes for _intermediate_ ingredients. That is, you will only have one recipe for the final product, and how it selects the intermediates is not explained anywhere.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

saaadel wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:46 am
Xorimuth wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:18 pm
No, it's a question about multiple recipes for _intermediate_ ingredients. That is, you will only have one recipe for the final product, and how it selects the intermediates is not explained anywhere.
Ahh right. No idea :)
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Gameplay Help”