Help. I have a map with no Oil

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Help. I have a map with no Oil

Post by toddchitt »

I am playing with the Krastorio2 mod but I doubt that is the issue as I have played it several times before. I am several hours into the game and just now noticing that there are no oil patches on the map. I know I did not set that resource as 'few and far between' rather just the opposite: I tend to bump patches up in frequency, size, and richness. But I see none.
I there a way to re-seed just one resource mid-game?
Thanks in advance.

morsk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Help. I have a map with no Oil

Post by morsk »

You can use Change Map Settings to change oil generation, and then you have a choice of ways to regenerate oil according to the new settings.

Delete Empty Chunks, or
Regenerate Terrain, or
Script:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.surface.regenerate_entity{'crude-oil'}

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

toddchitt wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:23 pm
I am playing with the Krastorio2 mod but I doubt that is the issue as I have played it several times before. I am several hours into the game and just now noticing that there are no oil patches on the map. I know I did not set that resource as 'few and far between' rather just the opposite: I tend to bump patches up in frequency, size, and richness. But I see none.
I there a way to re-seed just one resource mid-game?
Thanks in advance.
Can you share your map exchange string ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

coppercoil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by coppercoil »

toddchitt wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:23 pm
am several hours into the game and just now noticing that there are no oil patches on the map.
It is possible that oil patches exist, just in an unusual distance. Make a little cheat: enter edit mode in the console (in a separate game save to not ruin achievements) and look around in surroundings you haven't discovered yet. Or you may spend some time by traveling around with your character to generate and explore distant chunks.

Return to “Gameplay Help”