Train entering station loop from the wrong side

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Freetambo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Train entering station loop from the wrong side

Post by Freetambo »

I have no luck with trains it seems... After an error (other thread) messed with my last game I started another. I was happily wasting time, until the train started entering my station loops from the wrong side. It does so consistently. It worked for a long time, and then the train decided to stop cooperating. I do not know what the problem is here, another bug, or am I missing something?

The train is a rather crucial link in my coal - and thus electricity - supply, so I would very much like to know how to solve this. I considered signals, but then realized I hadn't researched the tech yet. And since labs run on electricity...

Version is 0.5.3, I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit.

Thanks.
Attachments
tjo.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 248 times

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Train entering station loop from the wrong side

Post by slpwnd »

Actually this is the same problem as the last one (though it manifests in the different way). For some reason is the whole track you build non-minable (some internal data is stored on the tracks). This should only be the case when there is a train on that track, but in your case it is everywhere (you can actually visualize it - in the config.ini change show_rolling_stock_count value to basic). Then you will see small blue, green and red dots on the tracks. When working correctly they should only be on the tracks below the train.

Freetambo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Train entering station loop from the wrong side

Post by Freetambo »

Hmmm that's too bad....

I did start this game in 0.5.3. I've got no saves from before it happens. I'll try to manually destroy the tracks and rebuild them once I've got the time.

Return to “Gameplay Help”