Looking for a "research blueprint"

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

Looking for a "research blueprint"

Post by wheezil »

One feature I've always looked for and never found is a "research blueprint" -- in other words, I'm moving up a tech level, especially in the Angel+Bob mod packs where such things tend to progress in levels like iron -> steel -> clay -> bronze -> bots -> brass etc. I have blue prints for assembling everything at that tech level and I'd love some shortcut to "research everything I need for this blueprint", or some way to list a bunch of research steps, save the list, and queue them all. Anything out there like that? Perhaps a game mod?

Thanks
john

NineNine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Looking for a "research blueprint"

Post by NineNine »

It sounds to me like you're asking for somebody else to play the game for you.... If you don't want to figure out how to build stuff, what, exactly, are you doing with Factorio?

vjbone
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vjbone »

You can add bookmarks in FNEI, you can write todo list

wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wheezil »

Thanks, I do know how to build stuff use FNEI at lot, but ... I haven't checked out the TODO list, thanks for that tip.
I look at this as another level of automation.
After all, we have blueprints and you could pose the same criticism of them -- "you don't want to learn how to assemble your factory?"
Now that I've automated many of the phases of my Angel+Bob mods playthrough, including a whole blueprint library, I would like to further reduce/automate the tedium of "OK now, I have to go research everything that nitinol can make"

atomizer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by atomizer »

Seems like if viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30466 existed it would help with this without being specific to blueprints.

Return to “Gameplay Help”