Ticks twice

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Midge
Inserter
Inserter

Ticks twice

Post by Midge »

CC (1T) -> DC (if R=0, output XT) -> DC (if T>60, output 1R) -> DC (if F=0, output XR)
*Constant Combinator, Decider Combinator, their properties are listed left to right

I'm trying to make a clock but I'm using the Reset value of the Tick counter as the Second counter, the issue I'm having is the Reset value ticks twice. While yes I can simply double the seconds asked of whatever relies on the timer, but I would like to mitigate this instead.

For if you want a closer look

Midge
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Ticks twice

Post by Midge »

I did check the editor and see that the reset value persists for two ticks, for one to reset, and the one after that for some reason, even though the condition is no longer met, I guess it has to make the round trip, aka R->T=0->T no longer greater than 60, which takes several ticks

Midge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Midge »

Fixed it by not using the reset value

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Each device takes 1 tick to process its input and then submit a new output, so when connecting them in series like that, you'll get a 1 tick per device delay.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Gameplay Help”