Disable "place in grid" in tooltips

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Disable "place in grid" in tooltips

Post by 1000101 »

It would be nice to be able to re-arrange the tooltips and turn on/off parts. The worst offender is the "place in grid" of equipment grid items, if you have more than a couple vehicles installed (such as with AAI) then the tooltip for equipment becomes useless as it is dominated by the vehicle icons. Please, for the love of god, move this to the bottom and/or give us the option to disable it completely.

Also, let us select UI scales as we see fit. Limiting to 75% doesn't help much, if I want to set it to 1% that please let that be my problem, not yours - I'm playing on a 1M scanline resolution 1000 foot jumbotron and I don't need icons 10 feet high, thanks. (That is obviously hyperbole for the sake of levity, please don't be pedantic.)

Attached is a screenshot to demonstrate this issue. I have no idea what any of my equipment grid weapons do, not even vanilla lasers.

Edit: If there already is a solution to this, I apologize now - I searched the forums and googled every keyword and phrasing I could think of but had no luck finding an answer.
Attachments
Factorio_BadUI.png
Factorio_BadUI.png (1.82 MiB) Viewed 477 times
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Disable "place in grid" in tooltips

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

1000101 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:12 am
Also, let us select UI scales as we see fit. Limiting to 75% doesn't help much, if I want to set it to 1% that please let that be my problem
You can change the UI scale outside the limit by editing config.ini with a text editor. Find "custom-ui-scale" under the "interface" heading, remove the semicolon at the beginning of the line, then change the value to whatever you want.

File locations are described here: https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_directory

By default, your config file is probably in

Code: Select all

%appdata%\factorio\config\config.ini
if you have a normal installation on windows, or

Code: Select all

factorio\<your factorio version>\config\config.ini
if you have a portable .zip installation.

I do not know whether there is a way to remove the list of vehicles equipment is installed in, but I believe mod authors can change what is displayed in the tooltip.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Return to “Gameplay Help”