Balanced chest insert

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

Balanced chest insert

Post by Horatio »

Hello. Maybe I don't understand something. But this option doesn't work for me at all. Image
I looked at other options and they are also not valid. Anyone have an idea for a simple balancing control?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Balanced chest insert

Post by Loewchen »

What about this does not work for you?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Note: This does not keep all chests perfectly balanced. It just stops the inbalance from getting out of hand. Any chest that gets too far ahead of the others stops the inserter for that chest.

So one chest having 2 items more than another is perfectly in line with the design. The first chest getting all the items means you did something wrong.

farcast
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by farcast »

Another note: If you're using this circuit for UN-loading the chests, then the inserter circuit condition should be changed to Everything > negative of stack size. Otherwise the inserters will stop when the chest has more than the average, which is the opposite of what you want in that case.
Efficient inefficient design.

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

If you're building this from the screenshot, notice and don't forget the red wires. Every inserter is also connected to its chest with a red wire. In the screenshot, the green writes were photoshopped to make them more visible, but the red wires not.

Return to “Gameplay Help”