getting back the old hotbar feel

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
patchwork
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

getting back the old hotbar feel

Post by patchwork »

is there a way to get back the old hotbar(quickbar?) from the older versions of the game (0.16 and earlier)? ive been trying to adjust to the new hotbar and honestly i can just say its sapping my enjoyment from the game. im not sure if there are ingame options or config changes that id need to use, or if someone has made a mod that can do it id be pretty happy with that too

i really liked being able to just roll my fingers across the hotkeys for selecting items in my hotbar to just put things into those slots, but thats not how it works anymore, and it just makes the game feel so much more tedious for what in my eyes is no gain. as much as ive tried to give it a chance till now and adjust my muscle memory. im starting to think its not just that i got usedd to the old system better but that it fufilled its role better as a hotbar

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: getting back the old hotbar feel

Post by Silari »

Nope. The hotbar works entirely different in recent versions and the only way to use the old one is to play the old versions.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

patchwork wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:46 am
is there a way to get back the old hotbar(quickbar?) from the older versions of the game (0.16 and earlier)?
As Silari wrote, the short answer is "No"; the hot/quick bar is fundamentally different now (it's just shortcuts rather than part of inventory)...
i really liked being able to just roll my fingers across the hotkeys for selecting items in my hotbar to just put things into those slots
I'm not sure if it helps and I can't check exactly what the option is/does at the moment, but I happened to notice this, which may be worth a try if you weren't aware of it:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Version_history/1.1.0#1.1.0 wrote: [*]Added an interface option (off by default) to change quick bar slot filters by clicking them with different items.

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

There is a mod that enables you to export/import quickbar settings, in case you have difficulties (like me) to reproduce my favorite 8-bar big quickbar setup for every new game: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/quickbarimportexport

patchwork
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by patchwork »

Tertius wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:31 pm
There is a mod that enables you to export/import quickbar settings, in case you have difficulties (like me) to reproduce my favorite 8-bar big quickbar setup for every new game: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/quickbarimportexport
being able to save the state of the hotbar just isn't a useful feature for me. i quite honestly cannot think of a single situation where keeping one hotbar layout longterm actually agrees with my playstyle.
SoShootMe wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:08 pm
I'm not sure if it helps and I can't check exactly what the option is/does at the moment, but I happened to notice this, which may be worth a try if you weren't aware of it:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Version_history/1.1.0#1.1.0 wrote: [*]Added an interface option (off by default) to change quick bar slot filters by clicking them with different items.
while this isnt exactly what i was looking for, this is a huge improvement for me, thank you. what it does is it lets you drag items into the quickbar without needing to clear the slot first if it was used, which does reduce the amount of friction i was feeling quite a bit when using the bar. net result net that i still play alot slower because im basically playing without hotkeys it feels like, but the most natural way to play is nolonger mostly ignoring the hotbar and playing out of my inventory directly anymore.

Return to “Gameplay Help”