inventory issue

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
kaesden
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

inventory issue

Post by kaesden »

Hi,

i'm having an issue where i am unable to transfer items from my inventory to my trash slots by shift clicking the item or ctrl clicking. Not sure if i changed a setting or what is causing it. All non-infinite researches are complete in this game, autotrash works fine with logistic request rules and if i drag something over and drop it in one stack at a time, bots will come take away the item as expected. its just frustrating when i have 1000 wood in my inventory that i swear i used to be able to ctrl click from my inventory to my trash slots without having to drag each stack one at a time. Anyone have any suggestions?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: inventory issue

Post by FuryoftheStars »

There is a setting regarding flat inventory gui. See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=104136
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

kaesden
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kaesden »

i guess i can deal with it, i'll just have to use more liberal use of autotrash. i like the tabbed interface a LOT less. Sucks having to choose functionality over form or vice versa. Would be nice to have a fix for this instead of just a work around.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you post a save file where shift + click is not working?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kaesden
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kaesden »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:30 pm
Can you post a save file where shift + click is not working?
sure

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RXF4E5 ... sp=sharing

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, it looks like the issue was related to either a very old save file; or playing the save on the switch and selecting the "character" tab which doesn't exist on the PC version. It's now fixed for the next 1.1 release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kaesden
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kaesden »

it was an old save that i have gone back to. finally wanted to get around to finishing this base. thank you!!!

Return to “Gameplay Help”