[1.1.70] Construction bots stop deconstructing according to deconstruction planner, won't construct either

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
TheCinC
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.70] Construction bots stop deconstructing according to deconstruction planner, won't construct either

Post by TheCinC »

I was using the deconstruction planner to remove trees, which was working fine until I also selected some concrete walls to be deconstructed. From that point on, NOTHING I select to be deconstructed through the deconstruction planner gets deconstructed. I only have 20-25 construction robots in my character's inventory, with a personal roboport MK2. I tried deleting the planned deconstruction, eventually removed the concrete walls manually, made more room in my inventory, added some more trees to deconstruct, deleted previous orders and gave them anew, tried to order deconstruction of a random lump of rock, added 5 more robots to my inventory, quit the game and restarted it, set my settings to the experimental build, searched online for this kind of bug, but no dice. All of my robots now just sit in my character's inventory as if they're on strike. I just tested constructing a blueprint and they won't do that either, even though I have the necessary items in my inventory. I've searched and am unable to find anything about this behaviour. This is not one of those situations where the to be deconstructed items are too far away, the robots are carrying too much cargo already, or whatever else.

I am playing a rocket launch scenario, having set up on a peninsula which is more defensible and am now expanding into the original starting area, because that's where I want to build and launch my rocket. It's definitely not a speedrun. I'm on Steam, Windows 10, with an ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card. The only mod installed is Safe Waterfill and I haven't used it recently.

I'd also note that the game updated as I logged into Steam just before this happened, but still, one moment it's working fine, then the robots stop working.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(5.67 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
factorio-current.log
(5.32 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Odd2.zip
(6.96 MiB) Downloaded 45 times
Odd3.zip
(6.97 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
Odd.zip
(7.11 MiB) Downloaded 36 times

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.70] Construction bots stop deconstructing according to deconstruction planner, won't construct either

Post by Tertius »

You simply deactivated the personal roboport. Bottom center shortcut button.

TheCinC
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.70] Construction bots stop deconstructing according to deconstruction planner, won't construct either

Post by TheCinC »

D'oh.

I just went in, found the button and indeed, that seems to have been the issue..

Well, at least it's something simple (and stupid) that I overlooked. Could've been a big issue.
Thanks for the help, I didn't know there was a button for that and I certainly didn't intend to click on it..
Whoops..
Topic can be closed! :)

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

I also suffered from the same situation once, and I learnt the roboport can be activated or deactivated. It makes sense, because it enables you to prepare and fiddle with a factory layout with ghosts without the internal robots immediately building it. Only after you're finished you activate the roboport.

The button can be removed from the shortcut bar, but since it shows the activation state of the roboport, I chose to keep it.

Return to “Gameplay Help”