Different technology_price_multiplier per force

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Dmytrozern
Inserter
Inserter

Different technology_price_multiplier per force

Post by Dmytrozern »

I remember having two different tech prices for my friend and me but cannot find the command and it seems game.forces doesn't have technology_price_multiplier command. Can someone help out, or is my brain playing games, and it's not possible?

It could be super useful for creating matches where several people build separate bases, and tech price can be related to their experience, so more experienced players have to build a bigger bases/pollute more.
Mostly a vanilla player. Enjoy extreme railworld deathworlds with a 5x+ tech price.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Different technology_price_multiplier per force

Post by Silari »

Far as I know DifficultySettings are only part of LUAGame, which means it's shared by everyone. You could approximate such a thing by setting one of the forces productivity bonus so their research becomes cheaper comparatively. It doesn't work perfectly (since bonuses are additive, if they both put prod modules in their labs the cost ratio changes between them) but it's pretty close.

Note that since you can't set negative productivity you'd have to use the research multiplier game setting to make it higher for everyone, then give a prod bonus to the teams that should be normal/cheaper.

Dmytrozern
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Different technology_price_multiplier per force

Post by Dmytrozern »

Silari wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:15 pm
You could approximate such a thing by setting one of the forces productivity bonus so their research becomes cheaper comparatively.
Never thought about it. Clever workaround. Thank you!
Mostly a vanilla player. Enjoy extreme railworld deathworlds with a 5x+ tech price.

Return to “Gameplay Help”