Destroyed buildings remain as ghosts

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Destroyed buildings remain as ghosts

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Normally, the ghost of exploding destroyed buildings used to remain. Robots could rebuild in the same way. But a mod that I don't know which one is preventing it. Buildings are completely destroyed, ghost installation does not occur. My mod list is attached. Any idea what mod could be causing the problem? Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments
mod-list.json
(18.55 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Destroyed buildings remain as ghosts

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

this is what i want it to be. I have so many mods. Since I am constantly changing my mod list, I cannot guess which mod is causing it. Can you help me please?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Unless someone else knows the answer off the top of their head, your best bet is to disable half the list, load a save, then destroy something and see if that fixes it. If not, switch which half are enabled/disabled and try again. Once you know which half of the mods is causing the problem, try it again with half of those mods enabled, etc, until you figure out which one it is.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:10 pm
Unless someone else knows the answer off the top of their head, your best bet is to disable half the list, load a save, then destroy something and see if that fixes it. If not, switch which half are enabled/disabled and try again. Once you know which half of the mods is causing the problem, try it again with half of those mods enabled, etc, until you figure out which one it is.
Very interesting: did I misunderstand something until now? I removed all my mods. Buildings are also completely destroyed when I install a new free game? I doubted if it was always like this. I opened the rocket attack and wave defense scenarios. Both have ghost buildings. But it disappears completely in free play. I'm really confused, is it normal that ghost buildings don't occur in the free game?

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:10 pm

Ghost building is formed in rocket attack and wave defense. but in default free play, ghost building does not occur. Is this a mistake or was it I who was wrong until now. But in my modded games, ghost buildings normally always occur in free play.... I'm really baffled....
Last edited by oyunbagimlisi on Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

There’s an effect in the construction robot tech that unlocks that. If you haven’t researched it yet, then that could actually be your issue.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:24 pm
There’s an effect in the construction robot tech that unlocks that. If you haven’t researched it yet, then that could actually be your issue.

Thank you very much, you were right, it worked when I wrote the code that activates all the searches. Is this really my extreme ignorance, or is it speculation? I had never come across this information in the tech tree... Endless thanks.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

oyunbagimlisi wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:32 pm
I had never come across this information in the tech tree...
If you're looking for the exact place, it's here :
2022-07-04 08_08_55-Factorio 1.1.57.jpg
2022-07-04 08_08_55-Factorio 1.1.57.jpg (32.4 KiB) Viewed 3515 times
[Koub] Also moving this to Gameplay Help.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

was it always like that?

with 0.17.0 it was changed from 1h to 168h

If I remember it correctly ghosts of destroyed buildings were there from the beginning and not locked behind research before 0.17.0

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

JimBarracus wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:50 am
was it always like that?
No, this has changed over the years of development. This is the current - and likely definitive - state. At some point before 0.17, ghosts from destroyed buildings had far shorter lifespan, like maybe 1 hour.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Gameplay Help”