Train Signal UI Oddity

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SuicideJunkie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Train Signal UI Oddity

Post by SuicideJunkie »

I was working on a scheme to detect a train stopped at a closed signal in order to trigger logic, by reading a signal just ahead of the closed signal going red... except it never went red...

The right hand signal is permanently closed via logic for this example. The test train is pathing to a temp stop to the right of the signal.
train_signalA1.png
train_signalA1.png (926.12 KiB) Viewed 647 times
Bizarrely, the middle signal is Yellow, when the train is supposedly stopped waiting at the closed signal beyond it.

The yellow signal does appear to be truthful, since a perpendicular train doesn't collide, and the signal goes green if the train is switched to manual mode.
It seems like the nose of the train is stopped at the red signal, but the hitbox of the train is still behind the yellow signal? At the same time, the clickbox of it does extend well into the intersection.
train_signalA2.png
train_signalA2.png (677.56 KiB) Viewed 647 times
Given the logic seems internally consistent, I don't think this really counts as a bug, but given that it is quite unintuitive and unexpected, I figured I should bring it up around here.

Return to “Gameplay Help”