Is there any way to plant trees in factorio?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Moanteq
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Is there any way to plant trees in factorio?

Post by Moanteq »

I burnt every single tree around my base when I first started playing on this world, but now I've got sick of being surrounded by nothing but sand. I want to see more trees in my world so pls help.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is there any way to plant trees in factorio?

Post by mmmPI »

You cannot plant trees without mods.

But if you explore the map some of the new areas will be forest, and you can relocate your base or expand in this direction !

Moanteq
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Moanteq »

mmmPI wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:08 pm
You cannot plant trees without mods.

But if you explore the map some of the new areas will be forest, and you can relocate your base or expand in this direction !
what are the name of the mods that allows you to plant them?

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

You could use

Code: Select all

/editor
on the chat console to enter the editor mode and place trees wherever you like. Not sure if that will disable achievements, though. One mod you could use is Bio Industries. It allows you to plant trees manually, automatically with the terraformer, or with your rocket launcher (using seed bombs).
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Moanteq wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:16 pm
what are the name of the mods that allows you to plant them?
I found this one that look funny : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/sapling-capsule

This one seems pretty simple : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/TreePlant

I have used bioindustries some time ago it adds more than just tree planting capacity like solar and bioplastic from memory, it was enjoyable too.

Using mods would disable steam achievement though, you would still have achievement popping up on your screen but as for "modded game" those won't be recorded on steam. somewhat similar to using the /editor at the end.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

There’s also Noxys Trees, which allows trees to naturally grow and expand.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Gameplay Help”