Wall Defence

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
DoubleG
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Wall Defence

Post by DoubleG »

Hey all,

I'm trying hard to perfect my wall defence design, and obviously the most important thing is flashy lights.

I have all the inserters grabbing ammo linked up to a combinator, and I'd like it to close all the gates I've got among my dragon teeth when they start grabbing ammo. Then keep them up while the biters get shot and flamed and lasered.

I think I need a timer as well as a RS latch, but I'm having trouble working it out. Any advice would be helpful.

PS if anyone has ideas for what I can use flashy lights for extra ideas are appreciated.

Here's my working copy at teh moment. There's a lot of junk around but the bit in the middle is what I've managed, but it doesn't open the gates a set time after the inserters start, only on a random schedule.

gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Wall Defence

Post by gGeorg »

Hello,

check my wall
viewtopic.php?f=193&t=100826
it uses one time clock - clever contraption with wide usage.

All you need attach the gate controls to same signal I use for power switch and you are golden. :ugeek:

Addiitionaly, you can make it save power on lasers. ;)

DoubleG
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DoubleG »

That is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. :) Awesome thanks. REally nice idea as well. My laser drain was getting out of hand.

You sure its a good idea having all those mines around your turrets?

gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by gGeorg »

DoubleG wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:54 pm
That is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. :) Awesome thanks. REally nice idea as well. My laser drain was getting out of hand.

You sure its a good idea having all those mines around your turrets?
Mines are awesome. They triggered on proximity of 2 meters, so, when bug comes close to a wall to a position when he could starts to bite wall, he activates mine behind. Boom ,but no biting. Then, your bots can replace them, without exposing self. Mines are placed carefully, one tile away from tower, so they do not get hit by accidental splash by spitter.

Return to “Gameplay Help”