Need Help with Railroad (World Download Included)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Need Help with Railroad (World Download Included)

Post by MalContentFL »

I am having a lot of trouble getting my trains to work. I have pickup and drop off locations for my trains but they say no path. I think it might be the rail signals but I can't fix it. Can I get some help? I would prefer pictures of the fixed track instead of a fixed world (because I want to keep playing), but if that's to tedious its okay. Thanks!

Also, my oil system sucks.
Attachments
Game_101.zip
My Current Game at 13 Hours
(4.93 MiB) Downloaded 119 times

fsjd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Need Help with Railroad (World Download Included)

Post by fsjd »

heres my take on fixing it. do note that this is actually my first time actually using rail signals, so this can probably be done better.
Image remove this signal.
Image minimize the 2-way section. use signals to make this stretch its own block. the copper/iron loops are their own block as well. (so the left signal on each branch will be red if there is a train at the pickup stations)
Image completing the southern 1-way blocks.

I would also suggest reworking your coal train, if you intend to set up a coal drop to the left of the iron drop, because you don't have a place to turn it around at. I would recommend just making your coal train its own line.
Last edited by fsjd on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Need Help with Railroad (World Download Included)

Post by MalContentFL »

Thanks for the help! I'm trying it out now.

Edit: It works! Thanks

Return to “Gameplay Help”