Pipes merging

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Citronek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Pipes merging

Post by Citronek »

Idk, kind of self-explainatory it was placed by blueprint and when I tried to place it normally it could not be placed. Machines connected to the merged pipes were not working only water was flowing into them. It may be because Im playing on an unofficial version. :D
Attachments
Pipesmerged.PNG
Pipesmerged.PNG (544.64 KiB) Viewed 562 times
Fluidsystemcontent.PNG
Fluidsystemcontent.PNG (759.96 KiB) Viewed 562 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Pipes merging

Post by Loewchen »

You either placed a blueprint that connects the water and oil pipes or you misaligned the blueprint so they connect, nothing about this is a bug.

Citronek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Citronek »

So It just leaves me to place it with bots but not by hand, alright thanks

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Citronek wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:07 pm
So It just leaves me to place it with bots but not by hand, alright thanks
If you want to go out of your way too keep the screw up yes, otherwise disconnecting and flushing the pipes would be the neutron star of glaring solutions.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

I usually put refineries one tile apart; this gives me room for the pipe to ground spaghetti associated with both Oil Processing and Coal Liquifaction. If you really want the refineries touching like that, I’d suggest using pipe to ground pieces for the plumbing connections and having the various fluids further away from the refineries, in the same way you likely have refineries set up for beacons.

Quax
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Quax »

You could also use a mod that gives you straight pipes that don't connect. It's one of Bob's mods if I remeber correctly. It features straight, L, T and underground pipes coverung longer distances. But just search for pipes in the mod section, there seems to be a wider variety of mods covering that issue.

Return to “Gameplay Help”