Bot orders per tick

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
AdamK
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Bot orders per tick

Post by AdamK »

How man bots can be dispatched for various jobs per tick?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bot orders per tick

Post by Koub »

600 if I recall correctly. But I think the limit will go up with 2.0, because of some changes in the robot behaviour.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

It is more complicated, it will do 3 jobs from the queue per tick or until one job cannot be performed. So if the first one cannot be performed it will try the next one on the next tick.
The 600 is only the limit of alerts because alerts live for 10s, it says nothing about how many items are missing.
So the answer is between 0 and 3 depending on how good you are in not creating jobs that cannot be performed.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Loewchen wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:50 pm
It is more complicated, it will do 3 jobs from the queue per tick or until one job cannot be performed. So if the first one cannot be performed it will try the next one on the next tick.
The 600 is only the limit of alerts because alerts live for 10s, it says nothing about how many items are missing.
So the answer is between 0 and 3 depending on how good you are in not creating jobs that cannot be performed.
I think it's more than that, though, right? Because there are different queues for repairs, tile construction, entity construction, and deconstruction, correct? Or am I just misunderstanding how all of that works and relates to each other?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

There are many different lists for jobs but the limit is global afaik.

AdamK
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AdamK »

So if I (for example) lauch big blueprint with (for example) plenty of solar panels, to keep with it I need to produce 3 solar panels per tick?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

AdamK wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:11 pm
So if I (for example) lauch big blueprint with (for example) plenty of solar panels, to keep with it I need to produce 3 solar panels per tick?
If you for some unfathomable reason decide to just start panel production the moment you place the bp but also want to guarantee that no job fails yes.
The obvious thing to do instead would be preproducing the panels or accepting that some jobs may fail and it will take a bit longer for the bots to finish up.

Return to “Gameplay Help”