1.1.34 Playing a LAN game with my kid, sometimes objects just disappear

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ZeroReady
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

1.1.34 Playing a LAN game with my kid, sometimes objects just disappear

Post by ZeroReady »

https://imgur.com/a/8uNpgCH

That stone belt example. At first I though it was him deleting stuff, he's 8 so whatever. But he swears it's not him and I'm starting to believe him. Before that it was the water pump right there. I know it's not bugs destroying stuff. But this happens a lot and it's getting frustrating. Is a bug (not the biting kind)? Is it him? Am I going crazy? Random stuff just keeps disappearing. There's no outline left like when a bug destroys it.

I just hosted the save that my kid and I are playing, without him connecting. I can absolutely guarantee that all kinds of random objects just get deleted. Weather it happens while the game is running, or when it loads, I don't know, but it's infuriating. It's not me, it's not him, and it's not bugs. I can't play anymore because our factory is getting so big that I'm spending all of my time just running around replacing the odd ore belt or water pump or wall section that disappears.

This sucks, I love Factorio, and My kid and I were having a blast playing together. But I just can't do it anymore knowing that parts will just go away after we've spent hours getting everything running. If anyone has any advice please help!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 1.1.34 Playing a LAN game with my kid, sometimes objects just disappear

Post by Loewchen »

The only realistic causes would be user input imo. First thing I'd try is removing Ctrl+Z from both of your Keybindings.

ZeroReady
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ZeroReady »

Here is another example I just encountered. I am hosting the LAN game, but my kid is not connected, it's just me. I just built these drills, walled all the way around them. I went back to the main base to get more material, came back, and this chunk of belt is gone. The walls are intact it was not bugs. It was not me and it was not him, he wasn't even connected. This keeps happening and I don't understand why.

https://imgur.com/a/JuCahxZ

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

It's possible it's one of your mods causing it for some reason. You should see if it still happens in a vanilla game.

ZeroReady
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ZeroReady »

Silari wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:31 am
It's possible it's one of your mods causing it for some reason. You should see if it still happens in a vanilla game.
Not using any mods.

Return to “Gameplay Help”