Issue tiling train system with red/green wired power poles

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Issue tiling train system with red/green wired power poles

Post by Koub »

I'm trying to design a tilable, fully rotatable, chunk aligned, chunk sized rail system, all packed with lamps and radars everywhere. And as I'm lazy as f*ck all for automation, I want to add to my blueprints red and green wires, so that if I want to use circuitery to communicate between my base and my outposts one day, I won't have to lay additional wires.

The issue I have is that whilst my rail system tiles perfectly, my power poles don't connect their red/green wires between two blueprints.

Illustration :
One blueprint
Two blueprints
I found an ugly hack (placing the power poles just astride the border of my blueprint, so that everyone is shared between two, but the result, while functional, is really ugly, and I face alignment issues when rotating my blueprints (the radars collide for example).

Is there an elegant trick, or nothing else than the ugly hack ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Issue tiling train system with red/green wired power poles

Post by disentius »

Did you make it like this?

If you leave out the radars, the straight parts will connect.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Ah I like this :) thanks for the idea. What I had done so far was this monstrosity :
ugly tile
even worse result
Your solution is exactly what I wanted to achieve :) And as a bonus, it perfectly fits with my other motives (T junction, U turn, 4 way crossing)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

Started fiddling with the new blueprint system this week, also rails blueprints.. I love the new features, , gridsize and absolute placement.

Return to “Gameplay Help”