Ratio between pump jacks to oil refinery

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
swasko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Ratio between pump jacks to oil refinery

Post by swasko »

So, i understand this i think: the oil coming from my pumpjacks goes straight into a oil refinery. He puts 10 units into it at a certain speed. What's the ideal oil/second coming it to optimize it. Like in my current setup i have a pump at 0.3/sec and one at 1.3 sec feeding my refinery. Can i add more jacks to speed the production in my exsiting refinery or is it already at max treating capacity with 1,6/sec coming in?

Hope this makes sense :-)

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Ratio between pump jacks to oil refinery

Post by Lee_newsum »

Fist all Pumpjack will work down to 0.1

Storage Tank https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... orage_Tank

Basic oil processing useing 10 Crude oil , 5s
Advanced oil processing useing 10 Crude oil+ 5 Water , 5s ( https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... processing )

so per refinery 20 Pumpjack @ 0.1/s
but as you get biger you will get more/new Pumpjack good plan is to Storage Tank befor your refinery for Crude oil.

note i have 8 refinery in my game i am playing

swasko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by swasko »

Tnx for the help!
Related question: i want to make flamethrower fuel, but how do i get 3 components (heavy oil, light oil, steel plates) into 1 chemical plan? it has only 2 inputs? Two fixed & 1 fluid i can see work, but how do you get 2 fluids & 1 fixed into chemical?

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

use an inserter to place and remove solids from chem plants. Example - Plastic requires Petro and coal. The Petro is piped to either inlet in the chem plant and the coal is inserted in with an inserter. The plastic is removed with another inserter.

swasko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by swasko »

I make plastic, i understand 1 solid with the inserter & 1 fluid with a pipe, but how do you do 1 solid & 2 fluids? if you use the 2 entries for the fluids, how do u pick the solid? or if you use an inserter for picking the solid into 1 entry, how do you fit 2 fkuids into the same remaining input port?

yay899
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by yay899 »

The entry points in a chem plant are for liquids, the solids can be inserted anywhere else.

swasko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by swasko »

this what i tried, 2 pipes going & inserting the solid from the side, but as you see only the steel plates are being picked, the pipes are not filling the chem plant although it contains the required fluids. any tips, probably gonna feel stupid, but i wanna desperately extinct some locals so i need a flamethrower :-)

micomico
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by micomico »

You have to switch the input pipes with each other, so that they match the inputs on the chemical plant.

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

The inputs are strictly defined. Notice the icon on the input spot on the plant shows which fluid it expects at each input.

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

swasko wrote:
...probably gonna feel stupid...
:D - Just watch a couple episodes of the hydra dilemma and you should feel better!

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=8&t=4949

swasko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by swasko »

Thanks, switching should solve it, will check when i get home
In my defence: i'm slightly color blind, so the difference between heavy & light oil is barely seeable for me :D

Return to “Gameplay Help”