[16.27]Train path finding bug or feature?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
hanyuwei70
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[16.27]Train path finding bug or feature?

Post by hanyuwei70 »

I constrcuted a dual line railway and using signals to let trains drives only at right side of their direction. bottom-right is a station called station #1 and there's another station at bottom.
I have configured this train to moving between home station and #1. home station is collecting coal. And I set it to disable when coal above certain level.
When this train leave for home station from #1 and home station is disabled at same time, train's pathing-finding is green line which is not I expected. I expect this train continue going and make a turn to go back. (Detail configuration could be seen at my desync post's attachment)
When I manually moved this train to next block of right side, it works well.
So am I misunderstood sth. in train signal sytstem or is it a bug?
Attachments
bug1.png
bug1.png (13.85 MiB) Viewed 1575 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.27]Train path finding bug or feature?

Post by posila »

The train is technically in two-way segment, so it is allowed to turn back. Just remove completely remove signals you have disabled by circuit network to make it one-way segment at it will works as you expect.

hanyuwei70
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hanyuwei70 »

posila wrote:The train is technically in two-way segment, so it is allowed to turn back. Just remove completely remove signals you have disabled by circuit network to make it one-way segment at it will works as you expect.
So is there any debug option to show whether it is one-way or two-way segment? It's useful when I am planning rail signals.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

hanyuwei70 wrote:
posila wrote:The train is technically in two-way segment, so it is allowed to turn back. Just remove completely remove signals you have disabled by circuit network to make it one-way segment at it will works as you expect.
So is there any debug option to show whether it is one-way or two-way segment? It's useful when I am planning rail signals.
If there are signals on both sides, it's two way. If they're only on one, it's one way.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Jap2.0 wrote:
hanyuwei70 wrote:
If there are signals on both sides, it's two way. If they're only on one, it's one way.
And if there are signals on both sides but not opposite each other then you are in a no-way zone. :)

But seriously. It would be nice if the segment markers would include arrows showing the direction a train is allowed to drive. Some indication of where segments connect with chain signals would be nice too.

Return to “Gameplay Help”