can't see the content of network items

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

can't see the content of network items

Post by brunzenstein »

any way to see what stuff is actually available in the network?
The lower right reference menu: "logistic system storage" is cut off as shown below

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: can't see the content of network items

Post by Xterminator »

Yeah this has been a problem for a long time I think. To my knowledge there isn't really a way to fix this except maybe make the GUI scale smaller. But the m not sure if you can even reduce it below the default 100%.

If your open to mods then I would suggest the Advanced Logistics mod found here:viewtopic.php?f=92&t=14388

It should allow you to see everything in the network and even which chests everything is in. Lots of other features as well.
Image Image Image

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

If you want to check something, you can go to options > grahics > untick Show Minimap. The minimap will disappear making room for the rest of the display. But Going to option every time you want to check something can be tedious. There are still the solution of mod like Xterminator said. Dev should add a menu (like electricity and production) for logistic network (yeah circuit network can have the same problem I know). You could open the entire factory logistic network overwiew with one key, and why not target a roboport and open this particular logistic network with another key. But for know we deal with it with mod or hide minimap ;)
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Xterminator wrote: If your open to mods then I would suggest the Advanced Logistics mod found here: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=14388

It should allow you to see everything in the network and even which chests everything is in. Lots of other features as well.
The enormous benefit of the "Advanced Logistics" mod is, that it finds (hidden) disconnected network boxes you could never trace down in a larger factory - should be implemented into the vanilla flavor

Return to “Gameplay Help”