Restart without losing researches and stuff?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Restart without losing researches and stuff?

Post by brunzenstein »

I have truly messed up a midgame-size factory to the bone.
Is there a way to retain the researches, stuff and the entities but clear the table easily or is a restart from scratch the only way?
A metamorphosis so to say
The stuff have is in a robust quantity so I dot think its feasible to store the material in a warehouse - or is it?
Thanks in advance

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Restart without losing researches and stuff?

Post by Koub »

Why not build a load of storage chests, a bunch of roboports, and deconstruct everything ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

I think it is definitely viable to just build a massive amount of storage chests and have bots take everything down. Or just abandon your current factory and take like an inventory and car full of stuff and start a new factory somewhere else. :)
Image Image Image

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

ee wrote:Or just abandon your current factory and take like an inventory and car full of stuff and start a new factory somewhere else. :)
Thanks you for the proposals.
Yes - thats what I will do.
Anyhow - I learned the pleasure (believe it or not) starting from scratch is not the end of the world but an invigorating experience as I have copied some other folks ideas at my first try and have now to develop everything myself - the second time its even more fun then the first...
Last edited by brunzenstein on Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

When I play freeplay I usually don't care about my early factory, as soon as I have construction bots I'll remove the whole factory and design the real one. I also only start using trains at that point (although I researched them earlier) as the beginning ore patches were enough to supply me until that point.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

daniel34 wrote:When I play freeplay I usually don't care about my early factory, as soon as I have construction bots I'll remove the whole factory and design the real one. I also only start using trains at that point (although I researched them earlier) as the beginning ore patches were enough to supply me until that point.

That's it!

Return to “Gameplay Help”