[noob] Requester Chest amount / Get one item from stack ...

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[noob] Requester Chest amount / Get one item from stack ...

Post by steinio »

Hello,

i'm a bit afraid of opening a new thread but i found nothing helpful only thousands of pages with 'requester chest' o_O.

I have some simple questions but i didn't want to name this post only 'Questions'.

- If i set an item in a requester chest, the default amount to request is probably 100.
After setting, the bots start to deliver. I try to set the amount to the needed value as fast as possible (for example 10) but the
bots delliver the 100 no matter what.
Is there a proper way to set this value or is this the intended way?

Suggestion: Set the default value to 1, change afterwards by user if needed.

- Is it possible to get only one item from a stack (key combo / shortcut) ? I know how to get the half of the stack, but it's
often to much, probably if only one item is needed.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [noob] Requester Chest amount / Get one item from stack ...

Post by Xterminator »

I also get annoyed by the request mount defaulting to a whole stack. Haha There are two main ways around this. The first is actually a Mod called Default Request Amount Change that changes it to 1. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8207
The second method is to use the copy and paste feature from an assembler to the chest to request 2x the required ingre for whatever is being made in the assembler. You can copy by Shift- Right Clicking, and paste by Shift- Left Clicking.

For your second question. You can grab one item from a stack by picking up the stack, and then right clicking in your inventory and it should just take 1.

Hope this helped. :)
Image Image Image

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Wow thank you for this fast answers.

The first is a big help i will try it.

The problem with your second answer is, this way works certainly, but if i grab the whole stack out of a chest, the corresponding assembler starts to fill this gap. Should have mentioned this fact before, sorry.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

vortex1967
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vortex1967 »

A way that I have used to control the requester chest when I'm setting items is to left click the X in the bottom right corner of the chest and then click in the first slot of the chest.
All the slots turn red. No items can be delivered to the chest.
I then select what items and quantities I require and when I'm happy with the selections.
I click the X again which cancels the red and items can now be delivered to the Chest.

Return to “Gameplay Help”