Trash Compactor mod?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MegaHamster7
Inserter
Inserter

Trash Compactor mod?

Post by MegaHamster7 »

I'm looking for something that permanently deletes items from the game automatically. Either a chest that deletes it's contents or something similar. Like a trash compactor!

I've tried searching for a mod that does this but I can't find anything. Maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing?

Does anyone know of a mod that does this? Thanks!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Trash Compactor mod?

Post by ssilk »

Moved from General.

Maybe the test-mode mod is ok-for you? https://forums.factorio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=46

(sad, that the creative-mode mod isn't updated to 0.12 https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =87&t=8976)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

MegaHamster7 wrote:I'm looking for something that permanently deletes items from the game automatically. Either a chest that deletes it's contents or something similar.
Item Destroyer mod: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 93&t=14371
Former moderator.

MegaHamster7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MegaHamster7 »

Item destroyer mod is sort of what I'm looking for but I was hoping to find something that was more in line with the feel of the game. Having a black hole seems a bit silly...

I think I'm going to take a look at how hard Factorio modding is. I'd like an incinerator which destroys items but produces pollution in return.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Want a vanilla solution? Grab a requester chest, fill it with overflow, and place it directly in the line of biter raids. Bonus points for using combinators or smart inserters to NOT complete ly empty yoir system. More bonus points to auto replace it and clean up the test of the mess they make.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

bobucles wrote:Want a vanilla solution? Grab a requester chest, fill it with overflow, and place it directly in the line of biter raids.
Or shoot it using the C button or a shotgun.
KAPOW! Everything is gone!
Former moderator.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

That's the manual way, yes. But you can't automate item destruction in the traditional way. Biters have to get involved in some way, at which point you can either let them have the chest, or force the chest's destruction by planting some land mines in the path next to one.

Return to “Gameplay Help”