Factorio Blueprint Visualizer

Art that you have created yourself (draw, paint, craft, cosplay, video, wallpaper, ...) with and around Factorio.

NOT for screenshots or videos of the actual game and discussions around them (for that, see "Show your creations").
piebro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio Blueprint Visualizer

Post by piebro »

About two years ago, I created a Python script and a website to artfully visualize Factorio blueprints. I posted them on the Factorio Reddit and just got the idea to also post them here. Here are a few examples.
example_08.png
example_08.png (64.93 KiB) Viewed 817 times
example_00.png
example_00.png (160.8 KiB) Viewed 817 times
example_26.png
example_26.png (164 KiB) Viewed 817 times
The code and more examples are available here: https://github.com/piebro/factorio-blueprint-visualizer, and the website where you can create your own visualizations is here: https://piebro.github.io/factorio-blueprint-visualizer/. Last year, I also printed some of these to hang them in my room and gift them to friends and relatives for Christmas. Feel free to post feedback or your creations here if you like :)

BrainGamer_
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Factorio Blueprint Visualizer

Post by BrainGamer_ »

Those look pretty neat. I love the idea of visualizing the BPs in a more abstract manner!

I've been working on my own BP renderer for a while now and this seems like something that could be added as another misc blueprint tool next to a bunch of others.

Really nice job.

piebro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio Blueprint Visualizer

Post by piebro »

Thanks, yeah I think BPs just have some inherent beauty sometimes.

Nice, these tools look really handy. When the addon is released I might update my code and I will take a look if it makes sense to just use your code as a backend. I like the idea of having all the logic in the background and then different render frontends. It reminds me of using different styles to display maps.

Return to “Fan Art”