Make nightvision internal buffer bigger

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Make nightvision internal buffer bigger

Post by conn11 »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:57 pm
KISS : NO inventory item should have an energy buffer (except the batteries) !

This is especially messy with Mk1 roboports + Mk1 batteries where most of your energy is often going to be stored in the roboports themselves and won't show up in the battery level indicator !
But why? Most, if not all inventory items do have marginal energy buffers and the roboport will still drain from batteries, but this is not the question at hand. The concept of tiered night vision, makes the mark I because of bigger size and inferior greenish optics unfavorable to use in combination with batteries. Even a Mk I batteries can sustain night vision quite easily.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

The question at hand is whether or not some tier of nightvision should be able to go through a whole night on its own charge.
My point is that none of the items should have such a buffer, making the whole question moot.
"If you want your flashlight to work, don't forget a battery!"
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

I'd like to propose to take this all of the way: I'm for moving nightvision the way of the dodo into the Factorio extinct column like crafting the pickaxe and the Steel axe. No muss, no fuss, just tech to it and get it like the Toolbelt; no crafting it, powering it, reserving a space for it in mod armor, etc.

I'm playing to make factories, not to worry about whether or not my tools come with batteries and whether they should or not.

Return to “Balancing”