Electric mining drills :
- Now : the drill produces 0.525 iron ore/s, you need 26 to a fill a belt (13.33 items/s).
- Planned (AFAIK) : the drill produces 0.5 iron ore/s, you need 30 to fill a belt (15 items/s).
- My suggestion : the drill produces 0.625 iron ore/s, you need 24 to fill a belt (15 items/s). This is almost a 20% buff compared to the present 0.525 one, so crafting the drill require 12 iron plates, 6 iron gear wheels and 6 electronic circuits
- Now : 1 stone furnace smelts 1 iron plate every 3.5 seconds (~0,2857/s), you need 46.66 furnaces (rounded to 2*24=48) to fill a belt (13.33 items/s).
- Planned (AFAIK) : 1 stone furnace smelts 1 iron plate every 3.5 seconds (~0,2857/s), you need 52.5 furnaces (rounded to 2*27=54) to smelt a full ore belt (15 items/s). Even worse, you need 26.25 steel furnaces rounded to 2*14=28.
- V453000's suggestion : 1 stone furnace smelts 1 iron plate every 3.2 seconds (0,3125/s), you need exactly 48 furnaces to smelt a full ore belt (15 items/s).
I rewrote this for readability of my post, you can find the full suggestion here : viewtopic.php?p=392508#p392508
- My suggestion : 1 stone furnace smelts 3 iron plates every 8 seconds (0.375/s), you need exactly 40 furnaces to fill a belt (15 items/s). It reduces a lot the size of smelting rows, at the downside of showing a weird recipe with 3 output items right at the beginning of the game. This is a 31% buff to the furnace speed, so crafting a stone furnace cost 8 stone, and crafting a steel furnace cost 8 steel plates & 12 stone bricks.
- Now : the burner mining drill produces 0,2625 iron ore/s, the stone furnace smelts 0.2857~ iron ore/s. So in the early game "burner->furnace" setup, the furnaces "flicker" (they go off for like 0.3 second every 3.8 second), which ruins the flame effect IMO, and looks "broken".
- Planned : no idea
- My suggestion : remove the gap by speeding up the burner drill. I'm thinking of... hang on ... 0.4 iron ore/s so it would be faster than the 0.375 iron plate/s furnace suggested above. I think it's not that OP : burner drills are thrown away past the first 15 minutes anyway, because electric drills have bigger mining zone, and don't need refuel. This is a 52% buff to the burner mining drill speed, so crafting them now requires 5 iron gear wheels, 5 iron plates, and 1 stone furnace.