gun vs laser turret balance: play around with range

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: gun vs laser turret balance: play around with range

Post by MeduSalem »

ssilk wrote:@MeduSalem: You describe the problem quite well, but unsure if it is really a problem and if, the solution you propose is just one option of many.
And you can be sure, that it will be fixed somehow. But I think/guess not in the next 3 months, cause it is not really a problem yet. :)
Probably my proposed solutions may not be the only viable ones. ^^

And you are right it's not a serious problem yet... it's not like we are doomed to crashes or map fails because of the imbalance. That's why I can live with the issue sitting on the backburner until other more serious stuff like bugs as well as others are fixed.

Also I'm looking forward to the proposed "endgame" and how it might change everything in the first place... After all we might be playing entirely different altogether once it is there.

silenced
Inserter
Inserter

Re: gun vs laser turret balance: play around with range

Post by silenced »

I personally like my gun turrets, there's always a mix of both. Though I started all of this by accident: I've had 2 factories producing normal and piercing ammo into a steel chest each, without limitation. In the end I decided to put the ammunition to a good use and put some gun turrets to the laser turrets. Great additional damage when upgraded.

Return to “Balancing”