Atomic Bomb needs more prerequisites.

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
nemofication
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Atomic Bomb needs more prerequisites.

Post by nemofication »

TL;DR
Atomic Bomb being dependent on Explosive Rocketry and Rocket Damage 5.
What ?
Make Atomic Bomb research dependent on Explosive Rocketry and Rocket Damage 5.

I'm going to go against guides and I'm going to suggest 1 more change in the same topic:
Make Uranium Ammo depend on Bullet Damage 5, for the same reasons listed as the last two lines in this post.
Why ?
The Atomic Bomb is pretty much THE endgame science. It costs 5 times what Rocket Silo costs!!
That's why I find it weird that the prerequisites are much lower for Atomic Bomb.

I also feel that it would be very logical to start researching Atomic Bomb, because you already have explosive rockets, have researched to increase their damage and still, you aren't satisfied, so you research Atomic Bomb.
It just makes more sense on a lore level.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Atomic Bomb needs more prerequisites.

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to balancing
My opinion on this is : nukes are not based on the same technologies as explosive rockettery. Tech level in explosive rockettery is irrevelant on whether you can build a nuke, so I don't feel it's necessary
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

greep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Atomic Bomb needs more prerequisites.

Post by greep »

Don't have much opinion on the bomb part, it's a post-endgame weapon, so it's not like it really matters since you'll have those techs by the time you research it usually.

As for uranium ammo, I'd honestly say it should go in the other direction, and remove yellow science. By the time you have high tech, you will have access to fusion reactors which open up a bunch of better options than machine gun ammo, not to mention giving earlier access will be a nice boost to gun turrets which need every buff they can get xD. Although mass production of uranium ammo for turrets may not be the wisest use of U-238...

Return to “Balancing”