Discharge defense + others

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Warco
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Discharge defense + others

Post by Warco »

Hi all !

Scuse me for my english, it's not my native langage but i'll do my best.

I love totaly this game, a huge potential but i was so sad when after hour playing in a very difficult game (all ressource are rare and tiny) and finaly achieve the "Discharge defense" research and saw he was so.... useless. I stop playing right now for that reason but :

Why don't make it a lighting who spread into a number of 5-6 monster in a short area if they come too close ? Or make it spread when a monster bit us ? The research was so long and has no real utility. Very frustating.

--- Shotgun Combat is really cool but a little too powerful (too fast)

--- Big Worm Kill me so fast and i don't like play with a large view for see theim far, can be cool if we can differenciate theim on the map more easely (like round instead square ?) I play in a roleplay style and i don't like cheat like play with the scroll view large, sometime i attack a base and i die immediatly cause theim. When i die, i start a new game each time (role play) and it's sooo long.

--- Why they never attack us ? Ok they spawn sometime near but the "pollution" don't attracted theim ? Can be cool and make the turret more usefull and the game more "living".

--- Alien artifact are so common and the lab produce so much alien "bottle", really too easy. Maybe alien building must drop only one "alien artifact" ?

I stop playing the game for now but i will keep an eye on, it's a very big big potential game and he don't need so much for being a must have. Great Job and nice idea.

Bye guys !

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Discharge defense + others

Post by Hannu »

Warco wrote:Why don't make it a lighting who spread into a number of 5-6 monster in a short area if they come too close ? Or make it spread when a monster bit us ? The research was so long and has no real utility. Very frustating.
It seem that discharge defense and personal laser have implemented but forgotten before balancing. They are ridiculously weak compared to resources and the tech level they need. Practically totally useless against behemoth size enemies. Rocket launcher is also in the same category. I hope that there will be a large weapon and fight overhaul and balancing before 1.0 is released.
--- Big Worm Kill me so fast and i don't like play with a large view for see theim far, can be cool if we can differenciate theim on the map more easely (like round instead square ?) I play in a roleplay style and i don't like cheat like play with the scroll view large, sometime i attack a base and i die immediatly cause theim. When i die, i start a new game each time (role play) and it's sooo long.
I know that roleplay rules do not need to be reasonable, but I am just interested why you feel zooming as cheaty. Humans can see very far (in real world an alien base and aliens in there would be possible to recognize from distance of hundreds of meters or more with just bare eye). On the other hand, it is easy to focus eyes to the near targets. Zooming is very natural way to represent normal vision in the 2D game.
--- Why they never attack us ? Ok they spawn sometime near but the "pollution" don't attracted theim ? Can be cool and make the turret more usefull and the game more "living".
Do you mean worms? So that couple of worms would make an underground tunnel and appear in middle of the base. And of course huge swarm of biters and spitters would follow them.

I can not say without testing would it be fun or not. It would make defense walls obsolete and I would have to build turrets everywhere. It would increase the mess. But of course it would give nasty surprises.
--- Alien artifact are so common and the lab produce so much alien "bottle", really too easy. Maybe alien building must drop only one "alien artifact" ?
I think that alien artifacts are quite well balanced compares to my playstyle. I do not like figthing. Usually I have to go to collect artifacts in some phases in late midgame and otherwise I have enough them.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

>_>

Weapon Balance

<_<

Making alien artefacts harder to get is -not- the answer. You need ~300 of them to do a speed run and restricting the supply like that, just no. Better off creating more uses for them, such as advanced weaponry and maybe requiring t3 modules use 5 of them or something.

Aliens leave you alone for quite a lot of the early game due to the slow spread of pollution. They used to attack you once you had a few furnaces running and before you even had turrets researched, was very annoying. If you would like them to be more interested in you earlier, set the starting area smaller.

Also I'm not sure what you're expecting with large worms if you refuse to zoom out... They have long range.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

The discharge defense is pretty lousy as is. It could definitely use a rework. Maybe as some kind of "thorns' power that reflects melee damage? Or a more lethal kind of short range turret? I dunno. The manual use weak ass AoE just doesn't cut it though.

Ooh! What if it shock/stunned enemies that hit you? Now you are returning damage AND taking less damage.

Return to “Balancing”