Overpowered strategies

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Overpowered strategies

Post by bobucles »

make their effect aoe
That could work. My only gripe is that AoE style effects can get pretty expensive on the CPU end. A simple direct ammo item would function just like any other thing in the game and would make conveyor belts work extremely well with turret defense.

Aru
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Aru »

bobingabout wrote:
Evan_ wrote:
bobingabout wrote:What else might be useful is the abillity to have a circuit network connection, so that you can attach a connection between an accumulator, and your steam engines, so that they only kick online during low power situations.
Can't steam power be already regulated this way by an electric pump? (never tried myself, only started to dig into circuitry recently)
Although you can use a small pump to control the flow of water to steam engine, you can't use charge of an accumulator as an input to turn it on and off.
You can test the effect of the main power supply on something else. I test a small pump, to see how effective it is at pumping, to determine if power demands are met. You could also see how fast an inserter inserts, assemblers assemble, drills drill, etc. My system is 0.2s activation delay.

scwizard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by scwizard »

Victory poles are the only thing I think is overpowered.

AutoMcD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AutoMcD »

What you see as OP or too easy, I see as a reward for investing mountains of gathered material, time, and energy into research.

The game is about automation, and if every little thing needs perpetual attention then what's the point? The idea is to develop ways to make things take care of themselves. Such as laser turret being set and forget, just keep the power on. Solar plus accumulator, sure there are drawbacks and costs but once it's there it just works and I don't have to fret about power constantly. It's the whole point of them.

Some of the ideas in this thread sound AWFUL. Like batteries going bad and recycling? Hey man, I have a day job to direct mundane work towards.

Return to “Balancing”