Comparison of end game costs (pre and post 0.12)

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Khyron
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Comparison of end game costs (pre and post 0.12)

Post by Khyron »

This post contains an analysis of the resource costs for the new end game compared to the old. I would personally recommend playing the game to the end before reading anything like this... There are some comments about strategy that you might like to have a chance to think of for yourself.
Go finish 0.12 and then come back.
What do you think of the new end game?

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Comparison of end game costs (pre and post 0.12)

Post by oLaudix »

It is not a pink square. That alone is improvement. Also there will be more of the end game later so itll actually be more resource demanding.

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

First of all: I think it is great that people take the effort in putting up such calculations as a community-sanity check. I totally agree that the end game as it will eventually turn out should not be a thing achieved too easily.

That said, I think that at the moment, the end game is not in a state where we can truly judge its effort. As oLaudix already pointed out, this is just the first stage to the much larger end game as we will (hopefully) get in 0.13. I assume this will involve some very material intensive things and require automation in itself. My personal prediction is that the end game in 0.13 will require much more RUs than the end game in 0.11

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

And don't forget. You only needed one rocket defence
As far as I understand, you will curse on how much rockets you launch in space before you finish the game...
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

oLaudix wrote:It is not a pink square. That alone is improvement. Also there will be more of the end game later so itll actually be more resource demanding.
hopefully a lot more.

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

We haven't seen the end game. This is just the 1st step to get you to the next step to get you to the step build / launch a spaceship.

As long as this requires a decent number of rockets to get to phase 2 / 3 I'm happy with these current resource requirements.

Return to “Balancing”